Countdown to Launch:
Promoting your GPM Launch Party
Below are some tips and suggestions for promoting you GPM launch party:
- Register with Us
- Create a Printed Flyer
- Promote on Social Media
- Hold a Contest
- Work with Local Schools and Classrooms
1. Register with Us
Are you planning to host a GPM launch party? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
Click here to contact us and let us know some information about yourself and your party. You can also ask us any questions you may have about the Global Precipitation Measurement mission and its launch.
2. Create a Printed Flyer
- Sample Flyer: Download this sample flyer (in MS Word .docx format), customize it to fit your needs, and use it to help promote your event
- Make Your Own Flyer: Use these images to get started on creating your own custom flyer to promote your GPM launch party
- More images available in the GPM Image Gallery
3. Promote on Social Media
Use the power of social media to spread word about your GPM Launch Party to your followers!
4. Hold a Contest
Hosting a contest can be a great way to get people excited about your launch party. You can announce the winners at your party, and offer a small prize to incentive people if you so choose. Here are a few potential ideas for contests:
- Best poster about GPM themes
- Best essay about GPM themes
- Best edible model design
- Most creative display of paper model
- Earth science photo contest
5. Work with Local Schools and Classrooms
Share the resources on this website with your local school districts or after school groups. Work with teachers to prepare students who you invite to your launch party.
If hosting an event on the day of the launch isn't possible, consider hosting a GPM Rain EnGAUGE event later in the year to continue to celebrate GPM and learn about the importance of precipitation measurement and Earth science.