IMERG Final Run PPS Research GIS
Data Download URL
Data Download Instructions
- Click here to register for PPS data access
- Read documentation for using IMERG GeoTIFF + Worldfiles
- Files located in ./[yyyy]/[mm]/[dd]/gis/
- 30 minute, 1 day and 1 month files are all available in the same directory, with the timespan indicated within the filename (e.g.3B-DAY-GIS.MS.MRG.3IMERG.20170101-S000000-E235959.0000.V06B.zip is a 1 day file)
- 1 month files are located in the folder corresponding to the first day of each month.
- Precipitation values are scaled by a factor of x10 (0.1mm) for 30 minute and 1 day files, and are scaled by a factor of x1000 (.001mm) for 1 month files.
- When you download and unzip the *.zip files of Final IMERG GIS, you will find *.tif files that contain precipitation accumulations (filenames ending in ".total.accum.tif") and other *.tif files that contain precipitation rates averaged over time (filenames ending in ".total.rate.tif").
- Data access is also available via FTPS, click here for instructions.